A Minnesotan opinador

Writing about current and important things.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Undesired Bo Burnham

Alright people, I am just the student body president. I am not student a dictator that is. I do not and will not act as one even if it would make some things a lot more simpler. It was not and never was up to me to decide whether or not Bo Burnham could come to Augsburg and get paid with the students', our money.

As many here, I put my trust in the organizations that made this event possible. They surveyed the campus and it seems that these were the results. I am not going to speculate in how good or how flawed the system really is. I am sure there could be improvements though.

I have had many people now come up to me to tell me they did not like the event this past Friday where Bo Burnham participated. I am trying to be unbiased here, but I have yet to hear that it was a good event. I chose not to attend the event after I heard a couple songs from the artist. I also thought it was a poor decision, but again, bringing him was not up to me. [I did participate in the survey]

Now, for those who want to do something, actually, there are somethings that can be done (and people have to take ownership for what they say as I have told those who have come up to me (and be civil too)). People can talk to the leaders of the student organizations and let them know how you feel. Make sure to express what would make the process of choosing artists and events overall better. People can come to our senate meetings and express their opinion as well and ask us to do something if desired. Of course, the ECHO is always a good place to express what we think as well.

As always, student government is open to everyone. Attend our meetings every Wednesday at 7pm. Email stugov@augsburg.edu if you would like more details on our meetings, have concerns, or comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment