A Minnesotan opinador

Writing about current and important things.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

An Honor my Friend

I was honored that Sam Smith, Augsburg Student Body President, spoke about my URGO research project I conducted this summer. I am sure many have no idea about such project, but Sam is my roommate, so he heard about my project often as I heard about his throughout the summer.
It was great seeing all the new students. New people means new energy and a new challenge to have people interested in being engaged, either in the college or the surrounding community. Sam did a great job at encouraging people to be engaged, to seek opportunities. Over all, the first convocation was about inviting people to embrace the many chances to change the world, or help at least.

As I write this, President Obama came up at the end of a show talking about three people who went far through education and being engaged! So inspirational!!!!! Today, I heard President Obama, President Paul C. Pribbenow, and President Sam Smith speak--what a day!

Looking forward to the coming year--classes start here tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Sam did a great job, didn't he? And kudos to you for your work! I look forward to hearing more about it this year.

    ReplyDelete