A Minnesotan opinador

Writing about current and important things.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Why "Del Pueblo"

This will be my second post, and I have to say that I have now started to think more about blogging. Or actually taking the time to put those thoughts into writing. As I said in my previous blog, I will attempt to put into words the reasons why I call this blog, "Del Pueblo."

The title is Spanish for two reasons. One reason is because I happen to speak Spanish, so that makes sense. The other reason is because "pueblo" means town. This, at least where I come from, means more than just a town. It speaks of community, of people coming together. There is a sense of belonging to it, where town's people are part of a tight community- a community that looks out for its fellow members. And I want to voice some of the experience in the Auggie community.

At the same time, I am very much interested in democracy, and politics as well. Del Pueblo alludes to the idea of government for the people, by the people. Because I am a member of the Auggie community, I thought it was appropriate to claim that this blog is authentic to its core and true to its community. It is done by someone in the community; that is by an Auggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment